Up to three scholarships are provided by the University of Tasmania annually to support Tasmanian Asylum seekers to undertake undergraduate or postgraduate coursework studies.
Available to a person who is residing in Australia at the time of application and who is commencing undergraduate study in Semester 1, 2023 and who is:
1. on a Temporary Protection Visa (TPV), or
2. applying for a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV), or
3. on an equivalent bridging visa, or
4. seeking asylum in Australia.
Preference will be given to applicants already residing in Tasmania at the time of application.
Applicants will be assessed on demonstrated involvement in their local community, commitment to education and financial need.
Postgraduate applicants may also apply for this scholarship. To be eligible, postgraduate applicants must have attained an undergraduate qualification in their home country, but this qualification is not recognised as meeting the requirements to practice in Australia or work in their chosen field of study. The scholarship will afford applicants in these circumstances the opportunity to augment, upgrade or add to their original qualification so as to meet the qualifications and standards within their chosen field of study required to work in this field in Australia. Interested applicants should contact the Scholarships Office in the first instance - Scholarships.Office@utas.edu.au
1. To retain this award, recipients are required to achieve a minimum Pass result in all units studied each semester and
2. remain on one of the above listed visas (noting that when a refugee or humanitarian visa is granted, the student is eligible for FEE-HELP).
Full international student fee waiver (depending on course preference).
Cash living allowance might be available but not guaranteed. It will be listed in the offer letter if applicable
Duration of the course
31 January 2023 (original 25 November 2022)
Apply online prior to closing date. Applications cannot be submitted after closing date. As applicants will be assessed on the quality of application, all questions should be answered in full. Please ensure care is taken with spelling and grammar.
Applicants must also submit the following supporting documentation to Scholarships.Office@utas.edu.au
1) evidence of current visa status, and
2) statement from Centrelink confirming their Status Resolution Support Services (SRSS status).
Closed. Successful applicant/s advised.