The Mitsui Educational Foundation (MEF) was established in 1971 to build stronger ties and promote mutual understanding and friendship between Japan and Australia by introducing Australian students to Japanese culture, history, business, industry, and contemporary lifestyles through an annual tour of Japan. Mitsui & Co. (Australia) Ltd. invites university students to take part in the 2022 Mitsui Educational Foundation Study Tour of Japan. The 21 day study tour (22 Nov - 13 Dec 2022) will take Australian university students through various regions of Japan, providing opportunities to learn about Japanese culture, society, business and industry, as well as participate in a number of people-to-people exchanges.
Available to a current University of Tasmania student who meets the following eligibility criteria:
1. Is enrolled full-time in any undergraduate course, second year or above, and is studying on-campus.
2. Is an Australian citizen.
3. Is academically capable (selection is not contingent on high academic achievement).
4. Can clearly demonstrate a keen interest in learning broadly about Japan.
5. Is expected to benefit the most from the MEF experience.
6. Will act as an outstanding ambassador for their university, state, and Australia on the tour.
To be eligible for the Tour, study of Japan or the Japanese language is not necessarily required.
All airfares, transport, meals and accommodation will be met by the Mitsui Educational Foundation.
21 days (22 November - 13 December 2022)
30th June 2022. Shortlisted candidiates maybe required, and as such should be available, to attend an interview during the first week of July.
Apply on the application form (below). Applications must be submitted prior to the closing date. As applicants will be assessed on the quality of application, all questions should be answered in full. Please ensure care is taken with spelling and grammar. Applications must be filled in electronically, must include a passport-sized photo, and be submitted to the following address by the closing date: Scholarships and Prizes Office, University of Tasmania, Private Bag 45, Hobart Tas 7001.