The Vice-Chancellor’s University of Tasmania Access Scholarships are provided by the University of Tasmania to enable access and participation in higher education for students who face economic or social disadvantage.
Available to students commencing or continuing studies in the first half of 2021 in an Associate degree or Bachelor degree at the University of Tasmania. This scholarship is for students who may be prevented from studying due to one of the following reasons: having to reside away from home in order to attend University; family or other commitments; having to travel a significant distance to attend a University campus; or demonstrated financial hardship.
Priority will be given to students within one or more of the following targeted equity areas for which the University is seeking to increase access and participation. These include:
- students from a low socio-economic background;
- students from regional and remote areas;
- students of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background;
- students who are seeking asylum or are on a Temporary Protection Visa, Safe Haven Enterprise Visa, or equivalent bridging visa; and
- students with a disability or long-term medical condition which impacts on their ability to study.
Scholarships will also include a guaranteed place in on-campus accommodation. Selection will be based on assessment of need and quality of written application.
To retain this award, recipients are required to achieve a minimum Pass result in all units studied each semester.
Scholarships vary between $5,000 - $15,000 per year
Up to five years (does not include separate one-year Honours course)
31 October 2020
Apply online prior to closing date. Applications cannot be submitted after closing date. As applicants will be assessed on the quality of application, all questions should be answered in full. Please ensure care is taken with spelling and grammar.