The Tertiary Access Payment (TAP) is a one-off payment of $5,000 for school leavers currently living in outer regional and remote areas who need to move to study at university. School leavers wishing to relocate from interstate regional areas can also apply.
Available to school leavers who have completed Year 12 in 2020 and are commencing studies at the University of Tasmania in the first half of 2021.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- commencing full-time study in one of the following: Certificate IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree;
- from an Outer Regional, Remote or Very Remote area (use the link below to check eligibility);
- relocating to study at a campus which is at least 90 minutes by public transport from their family home;
- enrolled in on-campus study mode (not in distance units); and
- whose parent(s) or guardian(s) have a combined income of less than $250,000.
$5,000. The first instalment of $3,000 will be paid shortly after census date in the first study period. The second instalment of $2,000 will be paid shortly after census date in the second study period.
23 March 2021
Once you have confirmed your eligibility for TAP with the University of Tasmania, you can apply for this payment via this page from January 4, 2021.
Once your application has been received, it will be assessed and we will contact you via email.
Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis until all available payments have been allocated. Last date to apply will be census date, which is March 23, 2021.
If you have already submitted a scholarship application for 2021, please email Scholarships.Office@utas.edu.au