The Tertiary Access Payment (TAP) is a one-off payment of $5,000 for school leavers currently living in outer regional and remote areas who need to move to study at university. School leavers wishing to relocate from interstate regional areas can also apply.
Available to school leavers who have completed Year 12 in 2020 and:
- have commenced studies at the University of Tasmania in the first half of 2021 (but were unaware of the TAP previously), or
- are commencing studies at the University of Tasmania in the second half of 2021 (and didn’t commence studies in the first half of 2021 due to personal circumstances).
Applicants must also be:
- studying one of the following: Certificate IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Associate Degree, or Bachelor Degree with a minimum 75% full-time study load over a 12-month period;
- from an Outer Regional, Remote, or Very Remote area (use the link below to check eligibility);
- relocating or have relocated to study at a campus which is at least 90 minutes by public transport from their family home;
- studying entirely on campus or in a multimodal course (not in a course delivered entirely via Distance units); and
- whose parent/s or guardian/s have a combined income of less than $250,000.
For students who commenced studies in the first half of 2021, the first instalment of $3,000 will be paid with 21 days of receipt of the acceptance of offer. The second instalment of $2,000 will be paid shortly after the first census date in the second half of 2021.
For students commencing studies in the second half of 2021, the first instalment of $3,000 will be paid shortly after the first census date in the second half of 2021. The second instalment of $2,000 will be paid shortly after the first census date in the first half of 2022.
Up to one year
18 July 2021
Apply online prior to the closing date. Applications cannot be submitted after closing date. Once your application has been received, it will be assessed and we will contact you via email. Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis until all available payments have been allocated. If you have already submitted an application in the current scholarship round, please email Scholarships.Office@utas.edu.au for assistance.
Closed. Applications are being assessed.