Funding for the likru mapali UniGym Scholarship is generously provided by the UniGym. This scholarship aims to:
- Promote health and wellbeing among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people;
- Assist with the costs associated with health and fitness; and
- Assist up and coming indigenous athletes to realise their full potential.
The word likru mapali is palawa kani for ‘Lots of sweat’ [sweating lots]. The likru mapali UniGym Scholarship will provide both commencing and continuing students with a 12 month UniGym membership (valued at up to $450) for access to UniGym’s multi-purpose fitness centres located on the Sandy Bay, Newnham and Cradle Coast campuses.
Available to commencing and continuing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who are enrolled in any course of study at the University.
IMPORTANT: Applicants who apply for this Scholarship MUST meet the Commonwealth definition of Aboriginality to be eligible. The Commonwealth definition of who is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person is as follows:
- is of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent;
- who identifies as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person; and
- is accepted as such by the community in which they live.
To retain this award, recipients are required to remain enrolled as a student while in receipt of the UniGym membership.
12-month UniGym membership (valued at up to $450). Each membership provides unlimited access to weights/cardio room, group fitness classes and squash courts.
30 June 2023
Apply online prior to closing date. Applications cannot be submitted after closing date.