Sir William Tyree was the founder of the Tyree Group of companies and a leading Australian industrialist. Upon his passing in 2013, Sir William left an enduring legacy through his foundation and business interests to support engineering education and research for the future prosperity of Australia. The Sir William Tyree Engineering Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship to assist students from Tasmania to pursue their dream of obtaining an engineering qualification, in the face of financial and other challenges. Sir William Tyree’s gift will support Tasmanian students in financial need the opportunity to study engineering at the University of Tasmania.
To be eligible for this scholarship applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or holder of a permanent humanitarian visa.
- be commencing a Bachelor of Engineering (specialisation) with Honours in Semester 1, 2022.
- be residing in Tasmania at the time of application.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Demonstrate how the support of the scholarship would
benefit them to succeed at University.
To retain this award, recipients are required to achieve a minimum Pass result in all units studied each semester
$15,000 per year
Up to four years
31 January 2022
Please apply online via the scholarships portal prior to the closing date.