The School of Natural Sciences (SNS) and the School of Technology, Environments and Design (STED) are keen to introduce students to the research activities undertaken within their schools. A number of scholarships valued at $2,000 (or $3,000 for students participating in the Catalyst Program) will be awarded to successful students allowing them to work in a research or design group in SNS or STED for a period of 6 to 8 weeks over the 2020 Spring/2021 Summer vacation period. Scholarship recipients will work alongside their supervisor and fellow graduate research students to gain experience in identifying and solving research or design problems. This experience will provide students with excellent preparation for future Postgraduate programs.
Available to current students within the College of Sciences and Engineering (CoSE) who meet the following criteria:
- Completion of at least one semester of full-time study (or equivalent) in an undergraduate or Honours degree in CoSE;
- Be eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Philosophy and have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.5 or higher;
- International students must have a current visa and valid Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) in their primary degree for the duration of their proposed program;
- Have identified a suitable project and CoSE supervisor, who approved and signed your application before submission; and
- Be available to complete your 6-8-week project at any time between early November and late February. The exact start and end dates are negotiable with your supervisor.
Successful applicants will be enrolled in the relevant Research Experience Program unit in the Bachelor of Philosophy. Assessment in these units is structured around the activities you undertake during the project (such as project planning, maintaining records and analysing data, and communication), with due dates negotiated with their project supervisor.
$2,000 (or $3,000 for Science Catalyst and Creative Innovators Program Students)
6-8 weeks at any time during early November 2020 to late February 2021.
Sunday 25 October 2020
Apply online prior to closing date. Applications cannot be submitted after closing date. As applicants will be assessed on the quality of application, all questions should be answered in full. Please ensure care is taken with spelling and grammar.
IMPORTANT – Applicants MUST have discussed their project and received approval from their supervisor before submission of their application. Also, International Students must forward a copy of their Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) to Scholarships.Office@utas.edu.au separately as supporting documentation.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by the end of October 2020 (subject to notification from the selection committee).